Vesterheim offers a wide selection of fiber arts classes. The instructors at Vesterheim are known throughout the fiber arts community for their high level of skill in both their artform and teaching methods. Plus, the Decorah community boasts many resources for textile enthusiasts — great artists and plenty of inspiration.
Learn more about weaving with the What Is Norwegian Weaving? booklet.
View Past Classes
- Online – Introduction to Tapestry Weaving
Thursdays, August 26-September 30 (5:00-7:00pm CT) with Laura Berlage
- Online – Card Weaving (SOLD OUT, Sign Up for the Waitlist)
Thursday, September 23 (9:00-10:30am and 3:00-4:30pm CT) and Friday, September 24 (Noon-1:00pm CT) with Laura Demuth
- In-Person - Telemarksteppe Weaving
Wednesday, October 6 - Sunday, October 10 (9:00 am-5:00 pm) with Laura Demuth
- Online - Introduction to Tapestry Weaving (Level 2)
6 Thursdays, October 14-November 18 (5:00-7:00pm CT) with Laura Berlage
- In-Person – Color to Cloth: Weaving Inspired by Historical Folk Art
Friday, December 3 - Sunday, December 7 with Kala Exworthy
- Online – Card Weaving
Wednesday, December 8 (9:00-10:30am and 3:30-5:00pm CT) and Thursday, December 9 (Noon-1:00pm CT) with Laura Demuth
For more information, contact Lea Lovelace at 563-382-9681, ext. 215, or email at