Woodworking is a blast at Vesterheim! Some of the most highly-respected and fun-loving woodworkers in the country and from Norway teach their woodworking techniques at Vesterheim. From simple carved figures and chip-carved ornaments to elaborate acanthus furniture, you’re sure to find a woodworking class that’s right for you.
Learn more about woodcarving with the What Is Norwegian Woodcarving? booklet.
View Past Classes
- Spoons, Spatulas, and Spreaders! (SOLD OUT)
Tuesdays March 9, 16, 23, 30 (5:00 PM - 6:30 PM CT) with Jess Hirsch
- Collection Connections: Ale Hens and Geese
Tuesday, April 6, 2021 (12-1:00 PM CT) with Becky Lusk
- Introduction to Spoon Carving (SOLD OUT)
Thursday, April 8, 2021 (5:00-8:00 PM CT) with Jess Hirsch
- Introduction to Figure Carving: The Stylized Rooster (SOLD OUT)
Wednesdays, April 14, 21, & 28, 2021 (6-7:30 PM CT) with James Miller
- “Covid Character Carving” Scandinavian-Style Figure Carving
Wednesdays, June 2, 9, 16, 23, 2021 (6-7:30 PM CT) with Charles Banks
For more information, contact Lea Lovelace at 563-382-9681, ext. 215, or email at