Vesterheim’s Youth and Family programming encompasses both after-school classes for youth as well as intergenerational events and camps. After-school hours are filled with fun and educational programming in rosemaling, fiber, wood carving, forging, and Norwegian language and culture. Instructors in Youth and Family classes, camps, and events share a passion for youth education and the highest level of achievement in their respective fields.
View Past Classes
- Online – FamilieKlubb: Try Rosemaling!
Register by July 16! with Jill Willems and Evelyn Galstad
- Online – FamilieTid: Family Cook-Along with Nevada Berg!
Saturday, August 21 (11:00am-Noon CT) with Nevada Berg
- Online – FamilieKlubb: Try Weaving!
Register by August 17! with Laura Demuth and Evelyn Galstad
- In-Person – Norsk Skole
Tuesdays, September 7 - October 12 (3:15 - 5:15 PM CT) with Evelyn Galstad
- In-Person – Friluftsliv Klubb Kindergarten-2nd
Thursdays, Sept 9 - Oct 14 (3:15 - 5:15 PM CT) with Rachel Sandhorst
- Online – FamilieTid: Paper Cutting with Torben Jarlstrøm Clausen!
Sunday, September 19 (1:30-2:30pm CT) with Torben Jarlstrøm Clausen
- Online – FamilieKlubb: Try Paper Cutting!
Register by September 17 with Torben Jarlstrøm Clausen and Evelyn Galstad
- Online – FamilieTid: Learn Folk Dances!
New dances on Saturdays, October 2, 9, 16, and 23 at 2pm CT with The Nordic Dancers of Decorah
- In-Person – Friluftsliv Klubb 3-5th
Tuesdays, Oct 26 - Nov 30 (3:15 - 5:15 PM CT) with Rachel Sandhorst
- In-Person – Whittling Klubb
Tuesdays, 6 weeks, Oct 26-Nov 30 with Stephanie Hughes
- Online – FamilieKlubb: Try Baking!
Register by October 18! with Kristi Bissell and Evelyn Galstad
- Online – FamilieTid: Scandinavian Storytelling!
Sunday, November 14 (1:00-2:00pm CT) with Rose Arrowsmith
- Online – FamilieKlubb: Needlefelt an Ornament!
Register by November 17 with Anna Ruhland and Evelyn Galstad
- Online – FamilieTid: Music!
Sunday, December 5 (1:00-2:00pm CT) with Soili Perkio and Maija Karhinen-Ilo
For more information, contact Lea Lovelace at 563-382-9681, ext. 215, or email at